Sunday, September 19, 2010

Polish Keilbasa and Apple Pie! (part2) Holy Perogi!

Ok...so I didn't try the Perogis, but they do have 15 different ones to choose from!  They sell them frozen to take home, or if you call ahead they will sautee them for you so they will be ready when you arrive.
However, I did get there right after 10:30am to eat lunch ......curse you apple pie!  I ordered 2 different sandwiches (dealers choice) and of course the apple pie.  What I didn't know is I couldn't just get a piece...it was more like a mini pie but rectangle.  Blessing or curse....that is objectional.  The sandwiches served up were a turkey and ham, and BOTH were fabulous.  They also came with a pickle and vanilla wafer.  The apple pie was really good as well.  The crust was more biscuit than traditional crust and being very southern...biscuit always works for me.  The sandwiches were very hearty...and when I say hearty, I mean thick from all the meat.  They also had fresh tomato, lettuce, cheese, green pepper, and spicy polish mustard...yum.  I had such a wonderful experience at this deli and will definitely be back.  I also realized  2 things about the Polish (my opinion from my own experience of course): 
 1) They are very enthusiastic about you trying their different variety of meats..and cheeses...and spiced meats
2) They really love meat

What a great little treasure on the South Side!

No comments:

Post a Comment