Monday, October 4, 2010

Things I wonder about South Durham

1. How many half-filled strip malls will be standing after all is said and built.

2. Are the people with the buckets and orange vests really a charity?

3. Will a Fresh Market, Earthfare, or Wholefoods ever venture this way?

4. Will the road construction EVER end?

5. When will they make Hope Valley road 45mph....we all know people do not drive 35mph on that long straight road.

6. With all the farms and produce on this side, why doesn't someone put together a Farmer's Market in South Durham?

7. Do most people who live on this side feel the community connection like I do...or does working at a place where I interact with most of the community make my frame of reference different?

8. Do the Food Trucks even understand how well they could do on this side if they came this way from time to time?

9. Is Alston Ave the most eclectic street in Durham?  And by eclectic I mean random.

10. When will that special person take the chance and put an independent movie theater/ music venue on this side?  *See #1  {there are plenty of options for space}.

4 comments:

  1. 11. Wouldn't it be awesome to have a local bookstore/newstand in So. Durham? And if there is one I do not know about please, please share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny...when I stopped at 10...the Regulator came to mind and I almost added bookstore, but my even number neurosis won out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't forget Books Do Furnish a Room, just around the corner from the Regulator -- another great and quirky establishment! http://www.booksdofurnisharoom.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. When is Only Burger gonna drive by my house and toss me a burger? Or even better.. Park in front of the Bean for a nice cup of bean and burger luncheon?

    ReplyDelete